Hi"
My nane is Larry Bartlett and I am a new subscriber. I contracted Parkinsens
about three years ago and it seems to be progressing faster then I thought it
would. I am a accountant by profession and the disease has effected my right
side and I happen to be right handed so it makes it difficult for me to write
or do anything with my right hand. The docter and my employer suggested I go
on disability as it is now effecting my speech and short term memory. My
problem is this, my employer wants me to cut back to 4 hrs aday(my docter
agrees) at half salary, I have very little savings, and no retirement
benefits from my employer and I am 55 years old. I live in California and
think I can get some disibility benefits while still working part time but
for the long term my only hope is  Social Security Disability but I
understand you can not have any income to get approved and the process takes
a long time, which at this point I do not have a lot of (income wise) Has
anyone experienced this and do you have any advise.

Thank you.

Larry Bartlett [log in to unmask]