When my Husband was first DX, we wanted to find a Neuro to confirm/advise us.
 We ended up at UCSF, Dr Michael Amminoff (later also saw Glenna Dowling),
'cause UCSF is listed in the National Parkinsons Foundation report as one of
the "centers of excellence".  Phone # is 415-476-4173.  You can also call the
NPF if you want to start receiving the reports from them.  The NPF Parkinson
Information Line # (in California) is 1-800-400-8448.  Best of luck to you &
Mom, I remember just how we felt when we got the initial DX.  This list is
the best place you can be for information....I believe "we" know more than
most Docs, (and also have a lot more empathy).  Roberta