Hello Listfriends,

By titling a message :"Good News" I unwillingly, started a hausse
against viruses.

I'm sorry for that, but I was not familiar with viruses.
I'm always using the best anti-virus programs to protect my precious data.
Up to now I only once discovered a virus on a diskette.
The anti-virus program refused to open copy any file to my harddisk.
The program cleaned up the diskette, but I still threw it away.

Nowadays I use The Norton Antivirus and I have studied the viruses,
how they work, what they infect etc.

The Norton Antivirus has information about 2350 known viruses

Most of the viruses infect the "program" files : COM and EXE
Some of them infect also the SYS files.
The last category infects the "Boot" records on floppy's and harddisk.

Install an anti-virus program which also checks out the size of the files.
A  virus grows and the size of a com or exe file will also grow. The virus will
give a sign when the size of a file changed.

The only virus on the list, is the "getting-the-latest-news-virus", but that is
harmless for your computer, but not for your social life.

Take care

            Kees Paap                  Oudedijk 56

            3612 AC  Tienhoven     The Netherlands

            +31 346 281021            FAX + 31 346 281017

Age 45, 6 years PD
Collecting information