I was at that IFTE conference in NY, and I cannot recall who is the
president of IFTE, but I think it is John Mayher.  HIs address is School
of Education, Department of Teaching and Learning, New York University,
239 Greene Street, Room 635 East Building, New York NY  10003-6674, USA
Telephone (212)998-5494/5470
Fax: (212)995-4198
If I have the wrong person, John Mayher will be able to set you right.

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Baardman, Sandy wrote:

> Hi there, all!  I would like to contact the International Federation of
> Teachers of English (IFTE) by any of the following means: snail mail, fax,
> e-mail, phone, carrier pigeon.  A contact name would also be helpful.
>
> Unbelievably, virtually none of the directories, international or otherwise,
> in our library had a listing.  Our entire library system holds only one IFTE
> publication and it's from 1967.  The microfiche'd proceedings of the 1990
> IFTE conference lists only NCTE's address, and even the NCTE office in Urbana
> couldn't give me an address.  CCTELA doesn't have an address either.  All
> this, despite the fact that IFTE just held a conference in New York.  Hmmm.
>
> Many thanks to anyone who would be able to provide me with some information.
>
> Perplexed,
>
> Sandy Baardman
>
> *************************
> 340 Education Bldg.
> University of Manitoba
> Winnipeg, Manitoba
> Canada
> R3T 2N2
> phone:    204-474-9034
> fax:      204-275-5962
> e-mail:   [log in to unmask]

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Trevor J. Gambell                         (306) 966-7573 voice
Professor and Graduate Chair              (306) 966-7658 fax
Department of Curriculum Studies
28 Campus Drive
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, SK
S7N 0X1
Canada                                    [log in to unmask]

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG