for the Waterloo comprehensive exam:  I'd be intrigued to hear
what other CASLL members see as the key texts.  Catherine, as you
compile the list & make your decisions, might you share the
results online?  Regards,  Will

> On a more positive note (I think) given today's political and economic
> climate--
>
> The university of Waterloo has finally decided to develop and offer a
> composition theory and pedagogy comprehensive exam at the PhD. level.
>
> So I extend an invitation to everyone to send me references to the
> material that they think PhD students ought to read.
>
> Your contributions will be greatly appreciated as I revise and add to the
> list.
>
> Thanks
>
> Catherine F. Schryer

                               ___________
| W.F. Garrett-Petts          | ._  ___________  English & Mod. Languages |
| [log in to unmask]         |._  |  +  =  o  | 900 College Drive        |
| fax 604/828-5086        __________________   | UCC,  Box 3010           |
| voice 604/828-5248     |                  |  : Kamloops, B.C. V2C 5N3