the replies, and I pass it on here

        From: [log in to unmask]

        On another note. A colleague of mine has asked for names of
        religious plays that her church group could read. She doesn't want
        the cutesy Xmas stuff but something with a little more *intellectual
        content and interest.* I suggested *The Second Shepard's Play* off
        the top of my head. I know there are other mystery/cycle plays
        that might interest this group. If you have had an experience with
        one that you could reccommend please contact me. I think the group
        is fairly sophistcated and would be open to things that are off
        the beaten path. TIA. Peace.

        Tom Clark

Several years ago, I translated one of the long texts of the Quem queritis
from Young's book for a group at my church to do on Easter morning and it
worked very well. I am not well enough up on the Christmas tropes to know
if there would be something similar. There are always more modern thing,
like the 18th century Spanish Christmas play Los Pastores which is still
performed in Spanish-speaking parts of the American Southwest. I've seen
it performed out-of-doors on old mission grounds in south Texas, which
would not be suitable for a northern climate, but I'm sure there are other
ways of doing it.

Keepin' on trucking....

Abigail