More power to your elbow, Alan, in working with computer technology for
teaching. Several things occur to me. First, there seems to be a real
sense that the only medieval drama accessible to undergraduates is the
Wakefield Master. Can I second Larry Clopper's comment and raise a cry not
only for Chester but for York? The advantage those two cycles have -- and
the Shearman and Tailors pageant from Coventry is that we also have the
records in the REED series and if you want to work on staging details (the
York Judgment is a good one for this, for example) or social context you
can use the REED material in your links. While I am on the subject of
teaching three other points -- first the U of T and PLS have both class
length and full length versions of Castle of Perseverance and the N-Town
Passion as well as a Robin Hood and a Wakefield Cain and Abel on video. I
have used them all to great effect in the class room. Second, REED/PLS
also has slide sets of the big PLS productions and of types playing of
playing spaces and of real playing spaces identified in REED research. PLS
also has available three teaching texts -- Everyman, Nice Wanton and Robin
Hood based on productions. Let us know if you want details of
prices and how to order. Alexandra Johnston