I thought it might be useful to you to know that Pamela King and I are
working on a hypertext project on the York Doomsday play.  This is
funded by the British Academy and is being developed in partnership
with the British Library (cp. Beowulf).  The first stage involves the
high resolution scanning of a lot of documents (REED plus) so as to
preserve and make accessible electronic facsimiles of text and picture.
We have been working on this for three years now, and have produced a lot of
strategies for teaching via multimedia and hypertext.  Virtual reality
is just about to get into it!
        People who came to the SITM conference will have seen our mini
demo. We are writing a Web page about the project which will be available on
the British Academy's server in a few weeks.
        If you are thinking of doing a hypertext play, the Annunciation
or the Nativity has lots of easily-accessible material. Or the
Crucifixion or Resurrection, of course (but don't forget copyright!).
                        Yours,    Meg Twycross