As far as copyright goes, I know of course that there are ways to 'get
round' the problem, as Meg points out. My point (my worry?) is that the
ways there are to get 'round it cut the developer off from using the most
recent scholarship. It is sort of an ironic comment on the new
information age: one can send one's students' to the library to use the
newest EETS edition and look at pertinent REED and Malone Society
volumes, but one can't easily (or at least legally!) digitise that
information and make it available on a publicly accessible Web site....
What Meg and Pam King are doing is wonderful (I saw some of the SITM
demo) but something far less ambitious (digitised editions rather than
digitised MS pages) could be very useful to students at a variety of
levels, if only we could work out what constitutes fair use in the
electronic age!

I am puzzled by what Stan (I think it was) says about differences between
Canadian and US copyright law. I thought that there was a new
international copyright convention (the Berne convention?) to which most
nations now subscribed and had amended their laws to reflect.... Anyway,
that's a side issue.

I am in the process of designing Web pages for REED and REED-L. The
REED-L page will have links to sites of interest for music and theatre
history, and I also want to include links to sites which will be useful
for teaching. So if anyone has Web pages like Peter's or Alan's, please
send me the URL's. I am hoping to unveil both pages by the end of this
month. Meg, please let me know your URL at the BL when it is all set up.

Abigail