Dear members,
My mother in laws condition is worsening.  My wifes long time experiment
with alternative medication has not produced any positive effects. My wife,
 who is basically the caregiver even though my father in law physically
takes care of her, is toying with the idea of starting her on L-dopa as
early as this week, but she has many reservations.  My wife is afraid of
what the side effects will do to her frail mother.  The tremors are very
pronounced, she cannot walk without the aid of a walker, She has no bladder
 control and worst of all she feels like a terrible burden to us all.

My wife's reasoning is that she can live another 20 years (she is 70)
without suffering sides.  But I say what kind of life is this?  Should she
go for a lesser amount albeit a quality amount of years.  And will L-dopa
actually help her?  If anyone has any ideas or answers we would be
grateful.
One other question.  How fast can she see improvement in her condition
after  we start her on the L-dopa?

Thank you all.
Danny Gewirtz
Ma'aleh Adumim