    Danny! I can heartily endorse the recommendations of Dr. Fink and the
Morgans. Levo-Dopa is kind of like a Damned -if -you-do, Damned if-you-don't
drug, i.e., it provides amazing symptomatic relief but at a slowly paid cost.
   I started on L-Dopa (Sinemet 25/100) two years after initial diagnosis:
like so many others, I was extremely reluctant to start for two reasons: 1)
if it worked, it was yet another piece of evidence that the symptoms were
due to Parkinson's and 2) I was fully aware of what the future held if using
it, i.e., both the toxic as well as psychological /neurological side
effects. Today, 5 years after starting, the side effects are definitely
there but they seem to be a worthwhile price to pay for the seemingly
miraculous level of relief it provides.(Go back into the digest and find
David Boots, tongue-in-cheek, review of the PD magazine "DEMENTIA" where in
his list of  Turn-Ons: he includes ...the relief provided by the first dose
of Sinemet & Eldepryl in the morning.) I really can relate to that
statement: I perceive myself as nearly normal with respect to form and
function... and love it.
    My neurologist finally said "...the time has come to start..." So I did
the next morning. Relief was virtually instantaneous: my colleagues at work
stopped me during a lecture and greeted with applause what they saw in
change... They couldn't believe it!!!
    Danny, your mother-in-law will very probably thank you for it... Do it
soon
                     Sincerely,  David
P.S.#1  Our hearts are with you today as you bury an amazing peacemaker and man.
P.S.#2  In a year or so I hope to bring a power boat to Russia and then
eventually out of the Volga into the Mediterranean and spend the winter
there. What a time to come and visit you!!!
David Barthuli
76H Coffin Avenue
Haverhill, MA   U.S.A.
(508) 521-0879