I have an educated guess here: If the ingestion of protein blocks certain
Parkinson medications, which I have read somewhere it does, to the point
that it is reccommended to have all proteins in the last meal of the day,
maybe the inability to eat meat and other protein, is allowing one of the
medications to work better. I have two suggestions, for drinking, get
your dad a cup with a folding straw built into the cap, my mother keeps
one with water in the refrigerator at all times and when they go out in
the car takes it along, or it may have juice or other drinks. ALSO a bib
is a good idea to save clothing from stains and I have seen people in
restaurants with no medical problems wear them, so it should not be
considered embarrassing. Another thought, if he can drink fluids, what
about liquifying food, so he can get his nourishment? Hope I have been of
some help.

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker