I just read your interesting description of what goes on in the cell (mostly
in the mitochondrion) to produce energy (ATP) for the body's use.  You
developed some nice analogies that are pretty easy to follow. I am a
biochemical geneticist and my special interest is mitochondrial disease so I
know about Coenzyme Q or NADH, as you call it, and I work on a daily basis
with patients who have  disorders of energy metabolism. In answer to your
question about taking in more glucose for the CoQ to breakdown into ATP, it
probably won't work quite as you expect. Added CoQ should just help out  in
the production of ATP if there is a defect in the process to begin with.  It
won't necessarily beef up or augment the whole process just because you "add
more fuel to the fire" by taking in more glucose. If this were true, we all
could just have boundless energy by increasing our intake of CoQ and of
glucose and other substrates (lipids, proteins,etc.) and it just doesn't
happen unless there is a deficit to begin with because all of these reactions
are so carefully controlled and monitored by nature.  Since some (not all)
patients with Parkinson's disease have been shown to have deficits (modest)
in mitochondrial function in certain body cells, like their platelets (which
may not have any clinical impact on the patient), it stands to reason that
enhancements of mitochondrial function may help in some cases but this has
not, to my knowledge, been studied scientifically as yet in a controlled
blind study of PD patients. Does anyone know of such published studies?
References? Thanks. Hope this 10 cents worth contributes.

Delana Vaughan