Dear Vicki,

>Dear All,
>I've been reading about Parkinsons due to my mom being diagnosed almost 16
>years ago.  She is trying to set up going to Emory to confirm the diagnosis
>for having Parkinson Syndrom, verses Parkinson's Disease.

The tern Parkinson Syndrom has meaning only to the person who uses it.  In
some texts PS and PD are one and the same.  In other texts PS refers to
atypical PD and PD Plus.  I believe your doctor owes you an explanation for
the use of PS.  I would get on the phone and find out why he is using PS.  I
would stay on the phone until an answer was acceptable to you.  It is time to
be aggressive and assertive.  If after 16 years he does not know what your
Mother has, it was time about 15 years ago to find a knowledgeable
neurologist.

Regards,
Alan