The first book I read after I was diagnosed with Parkinson's (six years ago) was
"Ivan."  It was an inspiring story for me.  The message that has stayed with me
is that "Parkinson's is another way of experiencing life."  It's a new venture.
I know it makes the neurologist's job a bit more challenging to have a patient
who takes control of his/her life (and consequently his medication), but Ivan
was a real inspiration to me.  I haven't heard anything about Ivan since that
time.  Do any of you know how he is?  Has he written (or presented) anything in
the last few years?  (He was living in England at the time, and his story was
broadcast on BBC.)