Some people say that Parkinson's disease has a deleterious effect on the
short-term memory.

Parky: I'm going to the kitchen to have a drink of water.

Caregiver: While you are there, fix a dish of ice cream for me. Write it
down now, or you will forget.

Parky: I won't forget!  (going toward kitchen)

Caregiver: And put some chocolate sauce on the ice cream. And write that
down now, or you will forget.

Parky: I won't forget!  (arriving at kitchen)

Caregiver: Put some whipped cream on, and if there are any cherries, put
one of those on too. But write that down now, or you will forget.

Parky: I won't forget!  (from the kitchen)

Parky: Here it is. (returned from kitchen)

Caregiver: Darn it --- you didn't write it down and you forgot to put
the mustard and relish on my hot dog !!

 * SLMR 2.1a * McLean Virginia USA  Tue 10-31-95 8:43 pm
---
 * KMail 3.00y