Dr. Thomas L. Davis is a list member whose work is published in the October
1995
edition of the Southern Medical Journal.

Dr. Davis is also involved in the clinical trial at Vanderbilt using the
implanted Medtronic probe and device for thalmic-stimulation which will
reduce drug-resistant essential as well as parkinsonian tremor.

Clonazepam-Sensitive Intermittent Dystonic Tremor

Thomas L. Davis, MD, P. David Charles, MD, Nashville, TN; and Stanley Burns,MD.

ABSTRACT: We report three cases and a literature review describing a
syndrome of intermittent idiopathic focal or segmental dystonic tremor
dramatically responsive to clonazepam. All patients were young men who had
intermittent symptoms. After magnetic resonance imaging of the brain and
laboratory analysis of blood, each patient was treated with clonazepam and
clinically observed for 1 year. In all three cases clonazepam produced full
abatement of the tremor. None of the patients displayed progression of the
symptoms, and all have remained tremor free with stable doses of clonazepam.
Clonazepam-sensitive intermittent dystonic tremor may represent a benign
syndrome occurring in young men.

Southern Medical Journal October 95 88;10:1069-71.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
                                     a subject, or we know where we can
                                     find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]                      Dr. Samuel Johnson