I am 48 years old and in my first year of living with a name for Parkinson's
Disease.  I am gay and have been with the same guy almost 16 years.  I work
full time, but have cut down on other activities outside our home.  I have
some tremor.  I have difficulty sleeping.  And don't tell anyone, but I have
an occasional problem with short term memory.  I have had two occasions of
freezing up and being unable to move.  The first time it was very
freightening as I am sure it was for many of you.  I take B vitamins to keep
those little receptors sharp and Sinequan Oral Concentrate at bedtime.  That
is not a usual Parkinson drug, but it is an anti-depresant which has the side
effect, in its liquid concentrate form of helping me get to sleep.  I am
going to stay off of some of the more aggressive Parkinson treatments as long
as I can.  My mother had Parkinson's before she developed Ahlzheimer's.  Her
mother also had symptoms of both and in that order.  However, at the time,
everybody just thought it was part of getting old.  As for the Aspertane.  My
grandmother never used it.  My mother tried it a few times, and I have had it
in many a diet soda.  Living with Parkinson's is not a major part of my life
now.  However, I do love to come home from work and read "MY Mail."  Thanks
for being there.  I appreciate what I am learning from the Parkinson's Net
Vets.