>The worst part of the "on-off" which I'm sure you are familiar with is the
>feeling of total exhaustion and shortness of breath.

Cathy, Joyce, John Cottingham, and Others:

I posted a question to the list some time ago about breathlessness during
in-coming and out-going dyskinesias. My Dad (76, diagnosed 8 years) suffers
severe breathlessness during dyskinesias.  Some members on the list
responded that he seemed to be severely under-medicated for his age. His
dosages are:
    8:00 a.m.    25/100 Sinemet
    9:00 a.m.    1 5-mg. Eldepryl
    12:00 Noon   25/100 Sinemet
    4:00 p.m.    25/100 Sinemet

He had been on Sinemet-CR previous to these dosages, but I think he had hit
the toxic levels because in the last year he had begun to suffer
long-lasting, totally debilitating dyskinesias--which included the same
severe breathlessness he experiences now.  His neurologist took him off CR
completely and put him on the much lower dosages, hoping to alleviate the
terrible dyskinesias.

The dyskinesias are much milder now, but the breathlessness continues and is
just as severe. It doesn't seem to be related to anxiety or panic attacks.
It's as if his chest muscles "freeze" just like his legs freeze when
walking.  His neurologist doesn't think the breathlessness is caused by
under-medication.  He really doesn't seem to have any answers for this
particular problem, unless it IS freezing and rigidity of chest muscles
causing the breathlessness.

Any similar experiences out there? Comments, feedback, suggestions,
prescriptions for *relief*?  Thanks.

Lucy Hartley