Hi Phil,

I think you left out a very under rated, but very important step to take
in dealing with PD, nutrition and lifestyle. Eliminating excessive stress,
finding time to rest, spending time in nature, with loved ones, and making
sure that all the bases are covered in terms of a low protein diet, getting
the types of oils and fats to nourish the nervous system as well as the all-
important anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients our bodies
need. Also, I personally have found that my symptoms were greatly aggravated
by candida and parasites. A program to get rid of these two elements greatly
increased my energy level and reduced my need for L-dopa. I have also found
alfalfa tablets, blue green algae, and bee pollen to be excellent sources of
micronutrients and trace minerals which are sadly lacking in our over-
refined and chemicalized food supply. I have also added pycnogenol in the
form of grape seed extract as a potent anti-oxidant as well as vitamine C,
E. A, and others. If the engine is a little worn, a higher octane fuel
and a tune up can raise the performance without resorting to a valve grind
or ring and piston job. Many more years of useful sevice can be abtained
from ths same motor. I think many people look after their cars with greater
care than they do their own bodies. Dumping in a bunch of additive when
performance fails gives short term results but soon clogs everything up.
If there is any chance that an environmental toxin has contributed to PD,
chelation using EDTA or herbal formulas as well as time proven naturopathic
and hygeinic techniques can eliminate the offending element(s) and at least
prevent the progression of PD. This "belief" that PD is "progressive" is
just that, a belief. There has been only studies confirming progrssion and
wondering what causes it. Why not do some studies to see if the new field
of Environmental Illness and its detoxification techniques can be applied
to PD, which is more than likely an environmental disease itself.
ex