Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 18:13:45 EST
From: [log in to unmask] (MRS MARY B MOODY)
Subject:      New User-Denial and Help

Lori - Some of the best advice I rec'd was to see a good therapist. I
was dx'd over a year ago, but it was 7 months before I was
recommended to see a therapist. Denial is one of the stages of any
serious situation, and I was recommended to see a therapist because I
was in the grieving stage.  I didn't even know it at the time!  It
sure has helped.  Try to get your Mom to accept going to a therapist,
especially one who is good with dealing with chronic diseases.  Also
I provide info to mine regarding PD, so she can not only help me, but
those who come after me.  Having PD is NOT the end of the world, but
sometimes we Parkies take some convincing and kind help from others.
Especially someone who is unrelated and objective.  Good luck to both
you and your Mom. If you can't get Mom to a support group, please
consider going yourself -- With love and concern - Mary in Michigan
 (44 yrs old, PD for over 1 yr)   [log in to unmask]