Hi Barbara and others,  The past two days were totally unbearable   unlike
anything Ive experienced in the 11 years of PD.     My feet and ankles hurt
so much.  they were swollen twice normal but more than that   if felt that my
blood was swooshing around with no place to go.   the tingling was more than
ever.     my calfs were vry tight almost to the point of going into a cramp
and my thighs the same.

we put urgent call to doc and he responded by asking when i took my last
water pill.  BTW he DID NOT want to issue a RX for them but I insisted (two
months ago) when I was particularlly bloated.   Nevertheless, I had heard
that water pills can increase cramping, and back then that was a problem  so
I never added them to my pill diet.

He said I was developing ADEMA and I should take one pill every day (in the
a.m.) for one week. at the same time I was told to elevate my feet at least
three inches. Of course this goes with the Potassium.   the names are

water pill          LASIX   20mg     1 day   (furosemide)
potassium        K-dur

today was a little better and hopefully these ademic symptons will become
bearable again.

Also, because I find myself sitting a lot or standing still frozen my posture
became "slouchy"  so Chuck bought a workmans elastic back support with
suspenders for $12.95 in Home Depot.  We saw the same in a medical supply
store for $65.00   This is the same black belt that the guys wear when
bending etc.  THAT REALLY HELPED as I wear it all day and tighten it when I
need it.

All new editions to my wardrobe,  support stockings without toes,  elastic
back support....its hard to feel and look good at the same time.

regds,

joyce