We're seeking advice re: coping with the post-op effects of hernia
surgery for a Parky.  Peter had this surgery long before diagnosis, but now
one side has ruptured again, and will require repair. Because of his
rigidity and slowness, and problems such as constipation, he is fearful of
the aftermath.  I wonder if any of you have had experience with recovering
from abdonimal surgery+PD, aids to mobility that were  helpful, length of
time, etc. Though I know it would be very individual, the experience
of others can also be helpful in preparation. His internist assures him that
the aggravation of PD symptoms would be temporary, but we are concerned
also that it might mean a permanent slide to a lower level of functioning,
due to  the stress, etc.  Hospital stay would probably be only one day! Is
that good or bad? I know hospitalization can be really hard on Parkies.
Any thoughts you may have will be greatly appreciated, as it seems best
to do something about this_before_ it becomes an emergency procedure.
Thanks for any comments--Camilla Flintermann(C) Peter(P-76-6)