---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 12:13:50 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Questions about other medications and Sinemet

Barbara - I am new to the Parkinson List and am anxious to get as much
information as possible to help my mom (82 years old) deal with arthritis and
PD (diagnosed 5 yrs. ago)  She takes a total of l and l/2 Sinemet CR 50/100
per day and l/2 Sinemet with her morning dosage.  My question - her internist
also prescribed Prozac (10 mg) which she takes before retiring - he explained
that in this low dosage it alters the perception of pain and she gets more
much needed sleep - also I'm sure it alleviates a little depression.  At
times, when she is overwhelmed with the anxiety that accompanies the "off"
period of the "on-off" phenomenon she takes Buspar (something she's taken for
many years) and feels that helps her enormously.  In literature I have seen
both Prozac and Buspar mentioned as medications that should not be taken by
someone with PD.  Would you have any information referring to these pills?
 Thanks for our time!   Cathy