>Mary Ann responded to Camilla & Peter that her husband carried his
>walker.  My mom did, too.  I think the stop & start difficulty due to PD
>makes it difficult to use a walker "appropriately".  The ones with wheels
>always seemed too wobbly to be useful.  What have other folks done for
>Parkies who need support, but not a wheelchair?

When I'm in a grocery or department store and I'm either "off" or "heading
in that direction", I make use off the store shopping-carts. I get both
balance and mobility. and I forgo the "shuffle-drag
something's-definitely-wrong but I'm-not-telling" look and assume a
shopper's appearance (a very bored shopper).

David R. Boots
37/5
"HOW'S MY TREMOR DOING? Call 1-800-SIN-EMET"