Dear list-friends-- we've been so pleased with the helpful and reassuring
comments about abdominal surgery from all of those who have responded so
far--MaryAnn, Robert, Alessandro,Barb M., Richard--hope I didn't miss
anyone.  We tend to forget that there are other kinds of non-PD surgery
that affect our Parkies---it isn't all pallidotomy ! :-)  The reminders about
heparin  to avoid danger of post-op thrombosis, adequate anesthesia(preferably
local),prompt mobility as is possible, diet, etc were greatly appreciated.
Best of  all, the personal experiences of those who wrote of their own
satisfactory recovery from abdominal surgery were helpful, as that area was
one of great concern for Peter. It's so good to feel cared for by folks
one has never met!  Again, Danke, Merci, and Gracias to all.
Camilla Flintermann(C) Peter(P-76-6)