^ month ago.  When he is off he cannot eat.  I watched him struggle to get
> down a meal several times this weekend to no avail.  It took him 3 hours
> to eat a hamburger in the car yesterday.  And what a mess it was.  He will
> see his nero. at the end of the month.  In the meantime he is loosing weight

Your Dad's doctor needs to be made aware of his swallowing difficulties.
Perhaps a swallowing assessment needs to be done.  Be aware that people
with swallowing difficulties do better with foods such as puddings or
jello that have some substance--a product called *Thikit* makes water
easier to swallow by providing consistency.  Watch your Dad for coughing
or choking while he is eating; such activity signals that food is going
into his lungs instead of his stomach.  Pneumonia becomes a persistant
problem in people who have difficulty swallowing.

Let us know how your Dad is doing.
-----
Mary Ann
Zippo's mom