Jim
I agree that "global" messages are usually in the best interest of the
"900+" and that every sender must choose the most appropriate posting
method for each message.  Yet I feel that we would all be better off if
there were fewer private postings.

Take your "Case in point," the "NADH vs Q1 vs Q10 confusion factor."

Since many of us are already taking NADH and others are taking co Q10 I
feel that any information or thoughts that your group has would be of great
interest to many of us.  I was wondering why the people best equipped to
answer the questions about NADH were leaving the task to those who were
more likely to confuse things and possibly pass along misinformation.

I fear that no matter what conclusions your group comes to, the matter
can't be "put to rest" until the proper double blind tests, etc. are done
and enough time has gone by that we know if the coenzymes are effective and
safe in the long run.

Before that, all we have are preliminary tests, anecdotal information,
blind hope and faith.

I for one, am desperate for NADH info, as I feel others are, and would
gladly wade through the "sub-group's" postings, to benefit from your
research and debates while waiting for your group's conclusions.

I realize that it would be a bother to you because we would ask questions
that you would think irrelevant.  But it would be of great value to us if
you posted so that we could benefit from your on going explorations.

As for misleading or confusing messages, persons posting publicly should
add whatever is necessary to their posts so that anyone reading them wont
jump to a wrong or premature conclusion. A sender could also send different
public and private messages,  as the periodic updates on progress you
mention.

Btw  As for the "NADH vs Q1 vs Q10 confusion factor."
Couldn't any member of your "sub-group" look into a Bio Chem book,  find
the answer and post it for us?  It seems to me that facts are confused not
theories.  When my daughter looked into her sister's Bio Chem book we found
that co Q10 is ubiquinone and that NADH, coenzyme 1, is Nicotmamide adenine
dinucleotide.  I believe they are different enzymes although both are used
to produce energy in our bodies.

If I am wrong it would be very good if I were told this by someone who
understands these things better than I do and if I am right how am I better
off not knowing this?

Information hungry,
Diane
--