The following is the most definitative answer that I have received instructing
AOL users now using Windows, to get to the Undernet and the Parkinsons channel.

>[log in to unmask] (John Cottingham) wrote:
>
>>How do AOL subscribers get from AOL to Undernet? Is different
>>software needed or will the AOL chat software work?
>>

>In order to use IRC from AOL you must be using the latest version of
>the AOL Windows software. You also need a program such as mIRC which
>you can find in the software libraries and the AOL Winsock.dll,
>available online at keyword WINSOCK.
>
>Once you download and install your IRC client, and download the
>Winsock.dll to either your Windows directory or your client's
>directory then just signon to AOL, and startup your IRC client.
>
>You *must* use the server washington.dc.us.undernet.org to access
>Undernet and use irc02.irc.aol.com for EFnet.
>

>--
> +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
> | Michael D. Richards                   [log in to unmask] |
> | http://www.azstarnet.com/~emdee/     Emdee@irc (Undernet) |
> |      mIRC help or questions: [log in to unmask]        |

See you on the Undernet Parkinsons channel 8:30 to 10 PM Central Time which
is available world wide.

John Cottingham    "The parkinsn list brings Knowledge, Comfort, Hope, and
                    Friendship to the parkinsonian world."
                    Parkinson's Chat on the Undernet 8:30 PM CST -6 Daily.
                    If you access the Internet through a provider with a
[log in to unmask]     PPP/SLIP account, free IRC chat software is available. WFD