To celebrate the list's second birthday, i am reposting a poem which many
of you have probably seen, but perhaps some newcomers will enjoy it.

Happy 2nd B-Day Barbara!  (If only we were two years old again) :-)
(This poem is a humorous, yet serious, examination of one of life's simple
tasks made difficult when one has Parkinson's Disease, which I do)

the real adventure is putting on your socks

the real adventure is putting on your socks,
it's difficult to do early in the morning.
your eyes, they don't focus,
your fingers, they don't pinch,
your toes, they don't wiggle.
i sometimes sleep in my socks,
i'm not always in the mood for adventure.

j.r. romanyshyn

12/11/94

"Peace from the clouds"                       \--*MH*--/

Jeffrey R. Romanyshyn, M.A., M.H.             Email: mythhawk@west,net
Spiritual/Animal Moniker: Myth-Hawk     Occupations: Poet/Ph.D. student:
                                                     Mythological Studies

"Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist after
he/she grows up." - Picasso

If radiance bid farewell, shadow would remain eternal - (from my poem:
"Night...")

If you wish, please check out some of my poetry (written under ROM
CARPATHIAN) and other fine literary creations at the M. David Lewis
Enterprises HomePage at: http://www.mdle.com