In Delana Vaughan's very informative messages, she has referred to CoQ.
We are wondering what is the difference (if there is one) between CoQ1
CoQ10 and are there any others?

As you may remember, Consumer Reports had a report on herbal medicines
and gave some information on something they called CoEnzyme Q10. We
thought that was the same as NADH and said so on the list.  Many people
corrected us (tell her, Joe (Bruman) saying NADH is actually CoEnzyme Q1.
We stood corrected, but now we're wondering if they are the same.

According to Archive #3970 from John Cottingham, Dr. J.G.D. Birkmayer
describes NADH as Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide and has to do with
a precursor (tyrosine) of L-Dopa.

Also a bit of unrelated trivia:  my husband Eric and I also had our
anniversary on Nov. 8.  It was our fourth.  May this list, all of
its members and our marriage all flourish.

Betti Adams [log in to unmask]