><FYI.  Just wanted you to know that I heard on the news that Janet Reno told
>>reporters that she has been diagnosed with Parkinsons.  It's really
>>interesting about how many people are asking if she is going to resign.
>>Stupid people.  They don't seem to want anyone who is "tainted" or not
>>perfect by their standards.

I think that this points out exactly how much education the general public
and the media, etc. need about Parkinson's.  It may not be that they don't
want anyone tainted, it may just be ignorance of what Parkinson's really
involves.   It seems to me that it is our job to continue to speak out in
public about Parkinson's so that people have a better understanding of the
disease.  I remember a time when Alzheimer's disease and Breast Cancer were
just as misunderstood by the public, media and government.  This provides an
opportunity to educate a huge number of people and to gain support nationwide
for Parkinson's related research.

Now I will get off my soapbox.

Sheila Heath
Parkinson's Action Network