    Lately, much mail is devoted to experiences of Parkinsonians undergoing
    surgery.  However, I've not seen any infomation on adverse drug reactions.
    The most important reaction warning is for those taking Eldepryl - sudden
    death can result from administration of Demerol. There are several other
    drugs that Parkinson's patients should avoid: major tranquilizers, certain
    antidepressants, certain antiemetics, and the blood pressure medicine
    Reserpine.

    Our local support group became aware of the need to provide both patients
    and professionals with this and other information when the Parkinsonian
    needs medical attention. We produced a pamphlet called "Care Issues for
    the Patient with Parkinson's Disease". If anyone would like a copy, send a
    request to Parkinson's Educational Program - West Michigan, P.O. Box 6066,
    Grand Rapids, MI 49516 (USA). For quantities, or if you are able to afford
    it, please include 50 cents for each copy for postage & handling.

    Botma [log in to unmask]