Couldn't agree more with Sheila's reply. I don't think we should be too hard
on the media's questions or even the 'tone' that they deliver the report (I
was struck by a local newscaster's death-like delivery of the story on
Reno). Until Jeff had PD I knew no more that everyone else. Actually, it
took a while even after Jeff was diagnosed becaused I had a could case of
denial. So is the glass half empty or half full- I choose to see it half
full i.e. this could be a great opportunity to educate about PD and what the
PD community needs in terms of the Udall Bill, etc. I'm sorry for Janet Reno
on a personal level, but it can only work for the better that a high
profiled person was diagnosed and more importantly, came out publicly about
it. One thing I think is unfortuate is that the Congress and the President
are enmeshed in the budget battle - this would be a great time to use the PR
momentum to garner more Congressional support for the Udall Bill.
Regards, Lisa Carper