I lost my father to Parkinson's disease a few months ago.  The sorrow is
great.  The greatest sorrow began years before his death - he lost the
ability to hug his little girl (me), he couldn't play with his new
great-granddaughter because of his rigidity and his tremors frightened her,
he couldn't tell his wife of 50 years "I love you" -- Stage V is complete
debilitation - unable to swallow, unable to control bodily functions, unable
to walk, unable to talk, unable to write....is this what your mother wants? -
my father would have been first in line for a surgical procedure if it meant
being able to return his little girl's hugs, playing with his
great-granddaughter without fear, and celebrating his 50th wedding
anniversary with his loving, devoted caregiver...research was several years
too late for him...I, for one, pray your mother will reconsider...for the
love of her family. - ByByBetty - Phoenix,  AZ - child of Parkinsonian and
missing him terribly.