Thanks everyone for responding to my question about dyskinesia.  Especially
thanks for the Parkinson's Glossary.  I will definately file that away for
later referral.  I noticed in the glossary that it says antihistamines
(generally used to treat allergic reactions) sometimes had been used to
treat Parkinson's.  Has anyone had any experience with that.  I did notice
the other day that someone was told to use Benadryl to help with sleeping.
Benadryl of course is one of the best over the counter medications for
allergic reactions.  This topic is interesting to me because I have severe
allergies and have been taking shots for them for almost five years now.  My
Dad (the PD patient) also has allergies although he has never taken shots.
(I wouldn't have to take them either if I were willing to give up my two
cats-no way).  Anyway, I also noticed that Beta-Blockers was also listed in
the glossary as a possible treatment of benign essential tremor.  This is
interesting to me because when I began taking the allergy shots my doctor
told me to tell all my other doctors that I should not be given
beta-blockers.  My own powers of rationalization tell then that the
antihistamines and the beta-blockers fight each other.

Any comments?
Nancy Walker