I agree wholeheartedly - honesty isi the best policy! When first diagnosed in
my thirties, as a single parent, I had life to deal with - for my kids sake,
it's only fair to know what your up against. How else can you hold steadfast,
or help your loved ones to deal with it ...  I'm really discouraged that some
medical staff insist on treating adults like children. People should be asked
how they want to be treated. True, some have afforded to lead sheltered lives
in all adventures of their lives. For those, I  imagine the only way thay can
afford not dealing with the truth is because they've had someone to help.
Some don't have that luxury and the truth is an  absolute necessity for best
arming onself for survival. I appreciate directness rather than being
mislead.