> But the best weapon in our
>arsenal as we wander down the path still has to be the AA "Serenity Prayer":
>
>   "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot
>              change, the courage to change the things I can -- and the
>wisdom to know the difference".  The last is the key.

I agree wholeheartedly.  From my experiences in life it is my belief that we
all come to this in our trials and tribulations in life.

AA is only one road to learn what we are all here to learn.

We all learn this same lesson through our own words and books and health
problems and relationship troubles and parenting and caretaking and church or
no church and on and on and on.

If we can quiet down long enough to hear our own minds speak with certainty
and belief that we are strong enough to handle whatever comes our way, we
will find serenity..

If we can listen to the feelings and words that come from within then we will
all live much more peacefully.

Then we will be able to accept our life and learn the lessons we are here to
learn.

And above all, never stop loving ourselves and others, no matter what.

As I always say to my loving partner with PD:

"You are my guy with a life and heart and feelings.  You are not PD.  You
have PD.  There is a big difference.  You will always be the same person you
have always been."

Then I joke and add, "just a little slower than usual!!!"

Thank you for your words.  As much as I believe everything I wrote above.  I
forget very often too that the words in the Serenity Prayer are very
peaceful.  It was good to hear then and apply then once again.

As they say,  "When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear!"

Sheila De Vine