My ignorance may be showing, but what is end stage PD?  My father died of
parkinson's.  He died rather peacefully.  He had to be placed in a nursing home
because he had become too difficult for my mother.  That is, he was 83, she was
80, he had started to wander in the night, she would try to help, he would fall,
and she would get the worse of it.  She took two real bad falls.  He died in his
sleep two weeks after placement in the nursing home.  He had had PD for 11 years
and outside of his increasing dementia, his physical symptoms were not too
extreme.  He was quite rigid and lost balance, but none of the horror stories I
have read on this list.  So I wonder is there a set end-stage or might it differ
just as the early and middle stages seem to differ for all of us?

Helen Ormsby           [log in to unmask]

"Old soldiers never die.  Young ones do."