Agree with you suggestion Donna K... about thinking twice before posting
about sensitive issues dealing with PK. Recall when spouse Gene attended his
first PK support meeting in 1989.  Normally a talkative/outgoing type, he
was closed mouthed about it for a couple of days.  Seems he didn't feel
he had found any kind of support.  Instead, he found about 5 PK people
who sat griping about their spouses, caretakers, and complaining about just
everything else in general.  Needless to say, he has not made a
return visit.

This topic reminds also of the first time a cousin of my husband called
after learning Gene had been diagnosed with PK. The conversation started out
with the fellow sounding condescendingly concerned.    Fortunately, for
him, my husband forgave his stupidity.  By the time their conversation
ended, someone hopefully went away becoming a little better informed
about PK.  Although, I believe, he was a bit disappointed to learn Gene
wasn't hurrying out the door to check into the nearest nursing home.

Best Thanksgiving wishes to all!

Clara Nistler