TO   P. Schark

I've had Parkinsons for about 12 years and use Sinemet CR. I have had difficulty
in controling the level of the drug reaching the brain but have got fairly good
at staying mobile. Try the following:

1. Keep off protein during the day. Try to keep to small but frequent amounts of
carbohydrate. If you can stay a bit hungry it makes sure that food carries the
tablet into the intestine within about 45 minutes. If it does seem to be stuck,
a drink of coke or any sweet fizzy drink often helps.

2. I take half a tablet every two and a half hours. I decrease the time between
tablets if I am doing something very energtic. Make sure you wash the tablet
down from the throat. I use a pill box with a timer from Radio Shack to make
sure I don't forget.

3. Keep active. I find that a daily walk or visit to a gym is a great help.

4. I carry Madopar dispersable with me and take a top-up if I feel an off period
coming on.

5. When I need to l keep mobile, when walking in the country for example, I
carry a syringe of apomorphine with me and take a Domperidome tablet to avoid
sickness.
I don't often use it as the Apomorphine side effects are a bit unpleasant but at
least its a guaranteed way of keeping mobile and out of danger.

Hope you find some of this useful - it works for me most of the time.

Nigel Cockle.