Helen--I suspect you're right that "end stage" PD as described in the charts
doesn't happen to everyone--just like everything else about this crazy
PD! Some folks are "taken off" by related things (e.g. aspiration
pneumonia) which are brought on by the PD but only an indirect cause of
death. Thus they tell us, "PD doesn't kill you!" :-)
I wonder if the wandering was perhaps a bit of Alzheimer's which can in
a percentage of cases overlap with PD after time. One man in our group
was diag. first with AD, then with PD. His DR. was treating the AD and not
recognizing that the PD was also increasing, so he was very rigid--undermedicat
ed. I feel there is a lot to be said for being realistic and open about
what MAY lie down the road, but that shouldn't keep us from trying as hard
as we can to keep going and keep up our spirits, PDs and CGs alike!
Cheers--Camilla Flintermann(CG for Peter,76/6)