I have experienced edema in my left (PD-affected side) ankle and foot after
about two years on 2X100mg amantadine(Symmetrel). I corrected this adverse
reaction by reducing the dosage to 1X100mg. Since increasing age reduces our
ability to "clear" amantadine, this came as no surprise and the dosage reduction
did not reduce the effectiveness of the amantadine on my PD.

Edema reappeared after about one year on 6X5mg bromocriptine(Parlodel) and it
did not disappear until I went off this drug totally. The bromocriptine was
giving me a continual ache in the lower back, so it was good riddance.

A third session of edema in the left ankle and foot came after three years on
verapamil(Calan SR) 1X240mg for hypertension. I changed calcium-channel blocker
to nifedipine(Procardia XL) 1X60mg and the edema is no longer with me.

"...been there; did that; got the T-shirt"

Patrick J. Martin 69,9 ([log in to unmask])