Hi, all.  I am forwarding (with Joyce's permission) a message sent to me
and my reply.  Barb

From [log in to unmask] Nov 16 19:52:58 1995
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 19:44:24 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: family support

>Hi Nancy, thank you for your reply, what you said is so true.
>
> (No one else for support for mother-in-law with PD+)

<message deleted>

Debra,

I know so much what you are going through.  I read your original post and
wanted to respond, but really didn't know what to say--still don't.  I think
that it helps us as caregivers and/or other relatives (particularly children
of PD patients) to just get together and "compare notes."  I have met
personally with a "lurker" on this list whose mother has PD.  We set up the
meeting just to be able to talk openly about problems such as the ones you've
described.

As I read your post tonight, I am wondering if it would be possible to set up
a list like this for caregivers.  I think a lot of us feel that if we really
say what we think about our emotions concerning our PD person, that we will
upset the PD patients who are also reading the list (although as many have
said, it helps the patient understand some of our frustrations).

John Cottingham has posted several encouraging items aimed directly at
caregivers.  If you have not had a chance to read them, they are available in
the archives (how you get there I have no idea off the top of my head!).
 John's posts have been very helpful, and stress that the primary thing to
remember is:

CAREGIVERS NEED CARE, TOO!

I wish you well.

joyce

p.s. I am copying this post to Barb Patterson, in hopes that she might have
ideas about whether or not setting up a new list would be....practical, I
guess.  It might also have already been done somewhere or attempted in the
past (I could check the archives myself for that one, couldn't I!)

Anyway, keep in touch with those of us on the list, keep us up to date as to
what is happening with you and your family, and feel free to e-mail me
anytime at: