Re Walkers and other topics
I have been away from the list for a few days. More about that later.......
It really is amazing how the mail piles up and how many  topics there are.

To All--Before I begin  I would like to say that Janet Reno  is a very
couageous person. Her openness will benefit everyone with Parkinsons.
To Jeffrey--How do you do an Akinetic Walk? Does the person finishing
last get first prize?
To Caregivers--I have been on both sides of this situation....... and
they are both very difficult.  Given the choice.....I wouldn't choose
either ;-)

Re Walkers for Parkinsons--Here comes the testimonial!
Before I got my walker I was afraid to go out, afraid that I would turn
"OFF" and have nothing there for support.  In the house I was getting
stuck in every corner. Carrying a newspaper  from one room to another was
a challenge because as soon as I had something to carry my feet glued
themselves to the floor.

Now I can carry things on the flat tray/seat or in the basket.  The firm
handles and the four legs support me evenly. The squeeze/lock brakes make
sitting down to rest quite safe,  and work on slopes.  The front wheels
swivel 360` so it turns in a really tight space and it is narrow enough
for most doors.
It has travelled by air from Newfoundland to England and Toronto, checked
with my suitcase.

This marvel is made in Sweden. It has 'DOLOMITE' on the back rest and
'DOLOMITE DESIGN' on one leg. It is distributed in Canada by Motion 2000
located in Toronto, Ontario. The  phone  number (416)  449-2949. I bought
mine at a medical supply shop in Newfoundland on the recommendation of a
physical therapist.
ps I don't get any percentage of sales.

Anne Rutherford 61/meds since 1980
Newfoundland  Canada   <[log in to unmask]>