Dear Pat Schark,

You sound like you could do with whatwe call *a second opinion* here
in the UK.

I found myself in a similar situation but got another neuro's
opinion. As a result, I retired early (age 55) and, although I am on
a reduced pension from my ex-employer, the benefits far ouweigh the
difficulties.  In fact, when I look objectively at things, the
diffculties just disappear.  I try to keep in perspective the quality
of life I now enjoy and that which I really NEED.  Weigh these
things in your own mind, you might be surprised at the answer.

Ask yourself what you want from the rest of your life then ask
yourself *how much* do you want it.  If you want it enough, you will
certainly find ways to achieve it.  There is always a way.

Don't just take their word for it.  Nobody (besides God Himself) knows you
better than you and, nobody knows better than you what you need to
manage for the rest of your life.

Keep plugging away until you get the answer you know is right for you
- whatever that may be.

Ron Herstell  <[log in to unmask]>
Whittlesey
Peterborough