When I was diagnosed a little over five years ago, the neurologist said I
had a "mild case" of Parkinsons. Yesterday in browsing some of the
information on one of the Parkinson links, I saw that "mild" and "severe"
were used to describe stages of PD.  It may be a semantic fine point, but
when a person falls from a height, calling the beginning of the fall "a
mild case of falling" and the end of the fall "a severe case of falling"
somehow partakes of pollyanaism.  It assumes that superman is going to
rescue us at the last second.  Superman, however,has his own problems and
is not getting around as well as he did before a severe fall from a horse.