The holidays are a struggle for me, as I'm sure it is for many suffering
with PD. The hustle and bustle of the malls, the thought of wrapping
packages, shopping for people who have all the monetary things one could
want, etc.throws me into a "holiday panic".

I spoke with my Mom this morning (BTW, I read her the Turkey-Day poem I
posted yesterday and she loved it!...that makes a total of two so far).

I told her of my gift suggestions for family members and how intimidating I
found the whole process. She suggested I make donations to charities in
their names. So, I drove to the nearby ATM, withdrew a large amount of $$
and took it to the Parkinsons Action Network and told the office manager
that I'd be calling later today with names and addresses to send the
donation cards to.

Suppporting an organization that is working their hardest to get people in
the government off their duffs to do whatever is necessary to find a cure
for this horrid disease seems the only logical choice for me. My siblings
would like me to be cured ...my Mom would like "her youngest" not to have
to endure the debilitating side-effects of Sinemet and see me able to play
music again.

There are many ways to spend your money this time of year (or any time). I
thought I'd pass along the info below for anyone who thinks PAN is doing
good things and want to help out. This post was my idea to plug PAN, not
theirs.

Parkinson's Action Network
822 Colllege Avenue, Suite C
Santa Rosa, CA 95404