Joyce,

I had difficulty following your recommendations and calculations for making
your special brand of Liquid Sinemet.  You wrote the following:

>Using 25/100 Sinemet    equate the total amount of the LAST NUMBER (100)
into 100cc of OJ.    I.E.  I take 10 25/100  mixed together with 1000cc OJ
  PLUS 1000cc or one teaspoon of powered vit C

One teaspoon of powered vitamin C is equal to 4 grams = 4000 mg of vitamin C.
 If you consider that you are putting this in OJ, it has a lot of vitamin C.
 That is OK.  The usual formula is 1/2 level teaspoon of Vitamin C in 1 liter
of water.  This is 2000 mg of Vitamin C.

You then define how to calculate the size of a dose.  You state the
following:

>Then divide the number of hours from your first dose in the AM till your
last dose in the PM into the total amount of OJ  and that becomes your dosage
per hour.   To avoid coming down into OFF  I first tried taking a drink every
two  hours.  Reduced it to every hour and find that works good enough to
smooth out my day.  Occasionally though, I divide the hour drink in half and
take a drink every 1/2 hour.

If I assume a pill every three hours starting at 7 am until 10 pm.  then the
total number of pills taken is one at 7, 10 , 1, 4, 7, 10 or 6 pills which is
equal to 600 mg of levodopa over a 15 hour period (7AM - 10PM).  600 / 15 =
40 cc per hour.  If you take a 40 cc drink starting at 7AM, you will be out
of LS at 9PM.  All this is confusing.   Could you be a little more specific?
 Why do you take more LS than what the equivalent pills would provide?

Regards,
Alan Bonander
Age 55, Diag 11 yrs, liquid meds, pallidotomy