Great work signing up another congressman.  Possibly with the increased
awareness re PD because of Reno's announcement, we can get this through the
Senate.

I'm about to write my Senators and Represenative, even though they are co
sponsors to ask, Why is it we can send 20,000 troops to Bosnia to help
in a humanitarian effort to bring an end to that terrible war that has
caused so much suffering, but we can't seem to get support to end the
suffering of 1.5 million Americans who have Parkinson's ?

The Reno news resulted in a front page story and picture of the president
of the local Parkinson's chapter in Pittsburgh's major metropolitan
newspaper.  That seemed to be a fine conclusion to our chapter's first year
during which a major goal was to raise awareness.  I hope to get it scanned
tomorrow so I can E-Mail it.  I had been working on numerous people at the
paper to get a PD article published.  Having laid the ground work Reno's
corageous announcement combined with a slow news day got us the front page.

Its always good to see a familar namewriting on this list, especially when
you have good news such as yours.  Is he a republican?

I E-mailed Newt a while back and asked why so few Republican
Representatives were co sponsors of the Udall Bill ?  Don't Republicans get
Parkinson's or perhaps their symptoms aren't are not as severe ?